CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR WOMEN’S AND MEN’S PELVIC HEALTH AND CONTINENCE
Are you looking for caring, confidential and high-quality management in the areas of continence, pregnancy and pelvic floor disorders?
Our Proactive Physiotherapy Cairns Pelvic Health Clinic is a centre of excellence for all women’s and men’s pelvic health and continence problems in the Cairns area.
We have a team of pelvic health physiotherapists with dedicated training and expertise in physiotherapy treatment for continence, pre-and postnatal care, prostate issues and all other areas of pelvic health.
Physiotherapy for male and female pelvic floor disorders
Our Cairns Pelvic Health Clinic physiotherapists specialise in the treatment of the following pelvic floor disorders:
Male and Female Continence Problems
- Stress Incontinence – leakage of urine when you run, laugh, cough or sneeze
- Urge incontinence – leakage when you have a strong and sudden urge to go to the toilet, but don’t make it in time
- Bowel dysfunction – problems with constipation or control of wind or faeces
Women’s Pelvic Floor Problems
- Prolapse of pelvic organs – including bladder, bowel or uterus
- Pain in the pelvic, abdominal or vulva region
- Pain with sexual intercourse
Pregnancy Related Pelvic Floor Problems
- Antenatal conditions – pelvic girdle and low back pain
- Postnatal conditions – pelvic floor weakness, neck, back or perineal pain
- Anterior/posterior wall repair after delivery
- Caesarean delivery
Men’s Pelvic Floor Problems
- Recovery after prostate surgery
- Low back pain or pelvic pain
- Erectile dysfunction
General Pelvic Health Problems
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Pelvic floor and abdominal muscle weakness – Including poor awareness of how to exercise these muscles correctly or effectively.
Our highly qualified team of pelvic health physiotherapists and continence physiotherapists will provide you with caring, confidential and high-quality management and treatment for all kinds of pelvic floor disorders.
Contact our team today.