Expert Women’s Health Services Helping You Live Life To Its Fullest
Our women’s health and continence physiotherapists will give you caring, confidential and high quality management in the areas of women’s continence, pregnancy and pelvic floor disorders. Women’s Health physiotherapy can help to manage a range of conditions including:
- Stress Incontinence – leakage of urine when you run, laugh, cough or sneeze
- Urge incontinence – leakage when you have a strong and sudden urge to go to the toilet, but don’t make it in time
- Bowel dysfunction – problems with constipation or control of wind or faeces.
- Prolapse of pelvic organs – including bladder, bowel or uterus
- Pain in the pelvic, abdominal or vulva region
- Pain with sexual intercourse
- Pre/Post surgery – hysterectomy, anterior/posterior wall repair, caesarean delivery
- Antenatal conditions – pelvic girdle and low back pain, carpel tunnel syndrome
- Postnatal conditions – pelvic floor weakness, neck, back or perineal pain, 6 week check up
- Pelvic floor and abdominal muscle weakness – Including poor awareness of how to exercise these muscles correctly or effectively.
Physiotherapy for these conditions includes a confidential and private assessment of the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles, bladder and bowel function. Your physiotherapist will get a good understanding of various factors that affect your lifestyle and then design a treatment program to suit your specific condition and lifestyle.
Contact Proactive Physiotherapy today and organise your confidential appointment with one of our physiotherapists to get you back to doing the things you love.